Milestones in CFS History
Founded with the intention to improve the opportunity for investment and insurance programs in credit unions, CFS is a broker dealer committed to maintaining our leadership in this marketplace. By integrating core banking and brokerage capabilities we have added value for members and created solutions that enable credit union management to grow the program and non-interest income while serving the needs of members.
The following is a listing of significant milestones:
- We launch BuildMyProfile™, a customizable and secure online profiling tool for advisors and members
- BuildMyProfile™ wins BISA Technology Innovation Award, our second such award
- CFS/SPF rank as #3 Top Healthiest Mid-size Company in San Diego
- Biggest Broker-Dealers by Financial Planning magazine: CFS/SPF ranks #30
- Mobile Scanning App for advisors wins BISA Tech Innovation Award
- CFS Executive Vice President Kevin Mummau is inducted into BISA Circle of Excellence
- CFS launches client-facing version of award-winning Mobile Scanning App
- Top Third Party Marketers by Bank Investment Consultant: CFS/SPF ranks #4
- CFS and SPF launch expansive new online Training Center with live and interactive or archived recordings available 24/7
- We rank within top five of San Diego’s Healthiest Mid-Sized Companies by San Diego Business Journal
- Biggest Broker-Dealers by Financial Planning magazine: CFS/SPF ranks #35
- CFS and SPF are named to the 2014 San Diego Best Places to Work list by San Diego Business Journal and Best Companies Group
- Top 10 Third Party Marketers by Bank Investment Consultant: CFS/SPF ranked #5 out of 10 companies.
- CFS chosen as first runner up in San Diego's Healthiest Companies Awards by San Diego Business Journal.
- CFS launched Mobile Scanning App to increase efficiencies for advisors.
- CFS completed 29 new program implementations in the past 12 months.
- CFS achieved a 20% increase in commission revenues and 24% increase in total profit over 2012.
- CFS helped nearly half of their investment programs reach record success levels.
- We established enhanced training programs for existing advisors to help them expand the breadth and depth of their service offering.
- CFS moved to larger facilities to support growth and increase efficiencies. Expands to new 4.31 acre campus at 10150 Meanley Drive, San Diego, CA 92131.
- CFS earned a spot on 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies list by San Diego Business Journal.
- CFS set an attendance record in hosting 14th annual conference for more than 500 attendees, including reps, program managers and C-level executives.
- 110 reps awarded at Pacesetter levels for 2011 production, with 47 of those at the top (Gold) level.
- CFS completed more than 30 new program implementations in the past 12 months.
- CFS introduced fully integrated performance reporting and portfolio evaluation tools in dataVISION through a partnership with Albridge, the industry leader in performance technology.
- CFS introduced remote check scanning capabilities for deposits into brokerage accounts.
- Advisory assets mark 5th year of 35% plus annual growth.
- We introduced Google Map integration into dataVISION's contact management system.
- CFS added health savings account (HSA) automation.
- CFS reached $100 million in revenues and is now the broker dealer of choice for more than 150 credit unions across the United States.
- CFS incorporated Laser App into dataVISION as a fully integrated solution for all direct mutual fund, annuity and advisory product provider forms. This enables advisors to quickly and accurately complete paperwork online while in dataVISION.
- CFS celebrated its tenth straight year of profitability.
- An MPV facelift allowed credit unions to private brand the tool to their members.
- CFS introduced Smart Forms technology to assure accuracy in completing complex forms, including ACAT transfers and new account forms, thus reducing mistakes to less than 1% (one of the lowest in the industry).
- CFS added video tutorials to new advisor training program
- CFS introduced "Financial Management Center", a web based client facing tool that helps members to identify their own investment needs, thus engaging the online banking member.
- Our dataVISION system is certified as an electronic books and recordkeeping system by the SEC, making it one of the few truly electronic workflow and paperless retention systems in the country.
- CFS built our online registration database and tracking system allowing advisors and managers to view appointments, licenses held and continuing education requirements fulfilled.
- CFS released single sign-on technology that allowed full integration of MPV into a credit union's home banking system.
- CFS expanded its reporting capability to provide customer relationship management (CRM) from within its proprietary dataVISION platform.
- We enhanced bond sales and trading capabilities by introducing Municenter, an online bond trading platform.
- CFS introduced a fully integrated financial planning capability in dataVISION to enable reps to create financial plans without performing manual double entry of data.
- CFS surpassed $50 million in annual revenue and continued to maintain profitability, distributing more than $1 million to our limited partners.
- CFS introduced "Marketing Exchange", an online system whereby credit unions could share their marketing materials.
- CFS introduced interactive account forms and straight-through trade processing.
- CFS launched My Portfolio View® (MPV) which gave credit union members the ability to view all of their accounts including brokerage, direct, advisor and insurance in an integrated view.
- CFS incorporated a supervisory workflow system, including document scanning, trade review and approvals, into the dataVISION system.
- CFS offered its clients the ability to download data from its database to integrate investment information into the credit unions' online banking platforms.
- CFS announced record profitability.
- CFS introduced a comprehensive aggregated view of all accounts into a single platform, presenting an integrated picture of AUM and revenue on a daily basis.
- CFS introduced "Your Way" suite of low-cost comprehensive retirement plan options-401k, 403b and Solo-k.
- CFS launched an online account opening system to automate the back office processing of new accounts.
- Operations began in September with first credit union customer.
- CFS was founded in November 1996.